Installing HCL Connections
Select the HCL Connections applications that you plan to use and install them in a clustered deployment.
An HCL Connections™ deployment consists of the following components:
- WebSphere® Application Server nodes:
- One node with IBM® WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment Manager (DM) installed.
- One or more WebSphere Application Server nodes that can be federated into the DM cell. These nodes are hosts for cluster members.
- A system with a database server installed.
- An LDAP server.
- A system with IBM HTTP Server installed.
- Before beginning the installation, you must understand the prerequisites for HCL Connections. For more information, see the Before installing topic and ensure that you meet all the conditions that are prescribed for your deployment environment.
- If Feature Foundation is included in your HCL Connections 7.0 installation then both Rollback and Uninstall will fail in the IBM Installation Manager. Make sure you have a full backup of the Connections server before upgrading. Refer to Backing up HCL Connections for details. You can use this backup to restore your existing deployment if the migration or update fails.
Procedures to install HCL Connections:
- Installing as a non-root user
Grant permissions to a non-root user to install HCL Connections.
- Installing HCL Connections 8.0
Install HCL Connections.
- Installing in console mode
Install HCL Connections in console mode. This method is convenient if you cannot or do not want to use the graphical mode.
- Installing silently
Silent installation is a tool to simplify the installation process in enterprises that need multiple, identical instances of HCL Connections.
Parent topic: Installing Connections