Keeping your apps contemporary
Take advantage of all the ways you can use apps to engage your community.
- Adding apps to increase capabilities
Add apps to your community so that members can benefit from them.
- Sharing information in a community blog
Create a community blog to keep members informed about announcements and other updates in your community.
- Getting ideas flowing with an ideation blog
Tap into the creativity of your members and encourage them to brainstorm, develop, and refine ideas using an ideation blog.
- Adding forums to get the discussion going
You can add more forums to your community to organize discussions around different focus areas. You cannot add existing, stand-alone forums to a community.
- Keeping your community activities up-to-date
Edit the details of your community activities to reflect your current goals and tasks.
- Organizing content in community files
Manage your community's files to make them more accessible, organized, and relevant to the community.
- Working with rich content
Use a rich content page to share rich content, including text, links, and images with your community.
- Highlighting content in galleries
The Gallery app highlights the community files or the contents of a community folder on the community Highlights page. The app displays thumbnails or file type icons for the files in the folder.
- Measuring business value with metrics
Metrics provide quantitative and qualitative metrics in the form of reports to help you measure the business value of HCL ConnectionsHCL Connections™ Cloud in your organization.
- Customizing the Highlights page
As a community owner, you can customize Highlights, the default start page for a new community, to create a portal-like experience where you can aggregate content from a variety of sources, as well as display standard community apps.
Parent topic:Owners - manage your community effectively