Joining a community to contribute your expertise
Share what you know and inspire others by joining a community that interests you.
- From the navigation bar, click Communities and select the Discover tab.
- Select the community that you'd like to join, then depending on the community type, do one of the following:
- To join a public community, open the community and click Join this Community.
- To join a moderated community, open the community and click Request to Join this Community. Then, make a request to join.
- To join a restricted community, you must be invited. To see if you are invited to any restricted communities, click the Invited tab, then accept or decline the invitation.
Note: Want to keep tabs on a community? Consider following the community to get notified of updates. For more information, see Viewing updates in your community.
What happens next?
- If your request to join a community is approved, you are notified in Connections and by email.
- When you join a public community, you can see it in the I’m a Member view. For more information on filtering views, see Searching for and browsing in communities.
- When you request to join a moderated community, it displays in the I’m a Member view only after your membership is approved.
Parent topic:Getting started