Adding topics to a forum
Start a discussion with members of your community.
- From the navigation bar, click Communities and select the community you want to contribute to.
- In the community's Higlights page, in the Forums area, click Start a Topic. If you are the first member to add a forum topic, the link displays as Start the First Topic. Alternatively, click Forums in the community menu then Start A Topic.
Enter the topic details:
Click Save. If forum topics are moderated in your deployment, the topic does not display immediately. The forum moderator must approve the topic content first. Otherwise, the topic is published immediately.
What to do next
After you create a topic, you can manage it in the following ways:
- To update the details of the topic, open the topic and click Edit.
- To delete the topic or a reply to the topic, open the topic and click Delete for the post that you want to remove.
- To close a question that you asked, open the question and click Accept this Answer for the post that answers your question. After a question is closed, community members can't add further responses.
Parent topic:Getting the discussion going in a forum