Collecting communities catalog troubleshooting data
Collect communities catalog data to help HCL Support diagnose catalog problems.
Gather and provide the following information related to any communities catalog issues:
- The values of the CATALOG_INDEX_DIR and CATLAOG_REPICATION_DIR WebSphere variables.
- A detailed description of the issue that includes the scenario that caused the issue, user names, and time stamps to match the issue.
- Trace files from all existing nodes.
- Fiddler traces of UI HTTP calls.
Collect as many screen captures as possible, for example:
- I'm an owner, I'm a member, I'm following, I'm inviter, or Public Communities views (whichever is relevant to the issue).
- Catalog admin page overview and the details for every crawler that is defined.
Collect the content of the following a database tables:
Collect the content found in the folders that are defined by the following WebSphere Application Server variables (for all nodes):
Set the following Trace flags in each node that the Communities application is installed on:
*=info: com.ibm.lconn.comm.catalog.*=all: com.ibm.connections.comm.seedlist.catalog.*=all: com.ibm.tango.web.ui.actions.catalog.*=all: [Catalog]com.ibm.lotus.*=all: com.ibm.lotus.catalog.*=all: com.ibm.lotus.search.*=all
Parent topic:Troubleshooting tips