Using the HCL Connections Files plug-in for Notes
Use the HCL Connections Files plug-in for HCL Notes® to have easy access to your files or community files from the Notes sidebar.
The Connections Files plug-in lets you upload and access files from the sidebar of your Notes client. After installing the sidebar application you can:
- Upload files for your own use or to share with others.
- Drag and drop an attached file or a file from your desktop to Files.
- Drag and drop or copy and paste a file from Files to your desktop.
- Send an HTML link to a file.
- Search for people or communities.
- Sort files for easier browsing.
- Detach the Files window from the Notes sidebar.
- Open Connections Files in a browser.
What’s new in this release?
- Lock files to prevent others form editing them.
Use enhanced search to search the full directory for people.
Uploading a file in Connections
Add files to Connections Files so that you can store them or share them with others.
- Sharing a file
Share a file with others using the HCL Connections Files plug-in for IBM® Notes.
- Locking files in Connections
Lock files to prevent people from editing them.
- Searching for files
Use search criteria to find files by keyword, or associated with people or communities of interest to you. You can also sort the files to make browsing for a file easier.
- Opening Files in a new window or in a browser
Access the full Files capabilities by opening Connections Files in a browser window or display the Files plug-in in a window that is independent from the Notes sidebar.
- Setting HCL Connections server preferences for Files
You can provide your HCL Connections password or specify the address of the server in the Connections preferences page.