Uploading a file in Connections
Add files to Connections Files so that you can store them or share them with others.
To browse for a file to upload, do the following:
Click Upload to My Files from the panel menu or click the File Upload icon on the toolbar of the Files panel.
In the File field type the file path or browse for the file.
In the Name field type a file name if browsing does not add one. Or change the name of the file.
To drag and drop a file to upload, do the following:
Drag a file from your desktop or drag a file attachment to the Files sidebar application.
Drop the file.
Select any of the following choices:
|**No one \(private\)
**|Make the file private. Only the owner can see and edit it.
| |**People/Communities (give specific file permissions to others)
**|Share the file with specific people or a community. Perform these steps:
1. Select **a Person** or **a Community**.
Note: To share with a public community you must be using Connections 3.
2. Select the **as Reader** or **as Editor** access level: - Readers can read or download a file. They can add files to folders to which they have Contributor access, be notified of changes to the file, and share the file with other people. - Editors can read, edit, download, upload a new version, and set properties on the file. They can add files to folders to which they have Contributor access, be notified of changes to the file, and share it with other people. 3. Perform one of the following tasks: - To share with people, click in the field to display the names of people you have recently shared files with. If the person you are looking for is displayed, select them. If they are not displayed, type a name or email address, and then select the person. - To share with a community, start typing the name of the community, and then select the community when it displays.
Note: When you share a file with a public community the file becomes public.
| |**Public (visible to everyone)
**|Make the file visible to everyone, even people who have not logged in.
Note: An administrator can configure the system so that everyone must log in, or only a certain group of people can log in. In this case public files are only available to users who are able to log in.
- Click OK.
To replace a file you have uploaded with a newer version, do the following:
- Right-click the file and select Upload New Version.
- Browse for a new version of the file.
- Add an optional change summary.
- Click OK to replace the existing file with a newer version.
Parent topic:Using the HCL Connections Files plug-in for Notes