Setting preferences for libraries
Set preferences that control how you interact with library files.
Preferences control default behavior for what happens when you check a file into a library or open a library file.
Right-click the server name in the navigation pane and choose Preferences.
Choose the Libraries page.
Specify what should happen when you add a file to the library:
- Always check in documents uploads the file and makes it available to library users.
- Always add as private drafts uploads the file as a draft. Only you can see and work with drafts until you check them in. To check in a draft, open the file summary page for the draft and click Check In.
- Prompt me allows you to choose for each file.
Specify what should happen when you double-click a library file:
Always check out checks out and locks the file. No one else can edit the file while it is checked out
- Always open without checking out opens the file for you to view but does not lock it.
- Prompt me allows you to choose for each file whether to open it or check it out.
Parent topic:Working with libraries