Creating an entry
Have a big announcement or idea? Create a blog entry to tell others about it. You can contribute to any blog for which you have Owner, Author, or Draft permission.
- From the navigation bar, click Blogs.
- On the My Blogs page, click New Entry for the blog that you want to add an entry to.
- Enter a title and text for your entry. For more information on what you can do using the rich text editor, see Using the rich text editor.
- To make it easier for others to find your content, add tags to your entry.
- To customize other settings, such as publishing date and commenting, click Advanced Settings and do the following:
- Allow characters to be converted into emoticons.
- Delay posting an entry to a blog until a time and date that you specify.
- Limit the number of days for posting comments for the entry.
- Specify a custom URL. You can enter some text that replaces the entry title in the URL that points to this entry.
- To include an external media link in a feed that includes this entry, enter the URL in the External media URL field.
To publish, click Post.
Note: If you have Owner or Author permissions, your entry is published and visible in the blog. If you have Draft permission, your entry is submitted for review. Your post is not visible in the blog until a moderator approves it. For more information on roles and permissions, see Managing roles and permissions.
Change your mind? Learn how to edit or delete an entry.
Parent topic:Contributing to a blog