What are @mentions and #hashtags?
Use @mentions to notify others of your posts, and use #hashtags to make it easier to search and filter your posts.
An @mention is a method of notifying colleagues of your post. An @mention contains
@username anywhere in the body of the post. Use the @mentions feature to mention specific colleagues and share your news with them. The mentioned users are notified of your post, even if they are not following you. You can use @mentions anywhere in HCL Connections™HCL Connections Cloud.
@Mentions that specify your
@username are collected and are displayed in the @Mentions filter on your Home page. You can only view @mentions that specify your
Rules for @mentions
- Symbols cannot be used in or following the @mention. For example, if you enter
@John.123, your message is sent to the user
@sign must be at the beginning of a post or it must have a space immediately preceding it.
- @mentions do not work in a typeahead field.
A #hashtag is any word or phrase with the number (
#) sign immediately preceding it. The
# sign converts the word into a link. This makes it easy to find and follow a conversation about a topic. You can use #hashtags in status updates and in comments about status updates.
To search for content containing a #hashtag, simply click on the #hashtag directly from the status update. Or, go to the Advanced Search page, select Status Updates, enter the tag that you want to find, and select Search.
Rules for #hashtags
- Use #hashtags only on posts that are relevant to the topic. It is suggested to use no more than three #hashtags per post.
- Make sure that you separate #hashtag entries with a space.
- The #hashtag must be preceded by a space. For example, if you enter
word#John, relevant posts are not displayed in search results for the
- A #hashtag can contain any of the following:
- Letters and/or numbers
- Symbols except for < > , "
- The # symbol only when it immediately precedes the word
- The only symbols allowed at the end of a hashtag are & and %
Parent topic:Shared features