Performing an advanced search
Looking for something specific? Perform an advanced search to narrow down your results.
Note: This procedure applies only to a standard Connections deployment (without Component Pack).
- From any app, in the search field, enter the word or phrase that you want to search for, and click the search icon.
- From the results page, click Advanced Search.
- Select the apps that you want to search. All the apps are selected by default. You can also search status updates.
Further define the scope of your search by selecting one of the following options:
- Search ALL content: Select this option to search all public content and content to which you have access.
Search MY content: Select this option to search only the content relating to you.
Tip: To find all content across Connections that you created, made comments to, and so on, click Search MY content and in Step 5 enter your own name in the Person field (other fields aren't needed).
Fill in one or more of the following fields:
- Enter one or more keywords in the Keywords field.
Enter a tag in the Tags field.
Note: The tag that you enter in this field must be an exact match for the tag that you are searching for. Wildcard characters, such as an asterisk (*), question mark (?), or exclamation point (!), are not supported.
Type a name in the Person field to find content associated with a specified person.
Note: By default, users who are marked as inactive in your company directory are excluded from the search results. To include inactive users in your search results, you can select Profiles from the navigation pane on the Search Results page, and then select All People from the Show options.
Enter a title or file name in the Title field to retrieve entries with the specified title or files with the specified name.
- Click Search.