Responding to forum topics
Join in a discussion by responding to forum topics that interest you.
Anyone can respond to a topic in a stand-alone forum. However, to respond to a topic in a community forum, you must be a member of the community.
Open the topic to which you want to respond.
The original topic is displayed, along with a list of responses.
Click Reply in the area of the thread to which you want to respond and enter your response.
Click Save to save your reply.
If forum topics are moderated, your reply is not displayed immediately because the forum moderator must approve its content first. If content moderation is not enabled, then your reply is displayed immediately.
If your administrator enabled the Reply To Topic feature, you can also respond to topics and topic replies by email for topics you are following. For example, when you follow a topic, you receive an email notification when a new comment is added. You can reply directly to that email notification and your email response is posted as a reply on the forum.
When you respond to a topic by email, consider the following points:
- When you reply to an email notification, all previous content is included as part of the reply. To truncate the previous content, manually add
#endwhere you want to end the reply history to end. Content that appears after the
#endentry is ignored.
- To reply to emails, ensure that your settings are configured correctly:
- Click Settings, and then click the Email Preferences tab.
- Ensure that Receive notifications from other people by email and Allow me to reply to notifications by email are selected.
- In the Content that I am following section, ensure that Forums is set to Individual Emails.
Parent topic:Finding and participating in forums