Administering community templates
If your organization deployed Component Pack for Connections 7.0, you can take advantage of the community templates feature that is part of the tailored experience for Connections oganizations.
By creating community templates from existing communities, new communities can get productive more quickly. Your organization can achieve the following results:
- A consistent look-and-feel across your organization's communities
- Repeatable projects that rely on similar patterns of collaboration
- Content reuse in some apps like files, blogs, and wikis
Template adminisrators create and manage community templates from a new, GUI-based adminstration console for Component Pack features.
Before you begin
Make sure your organization has completed the these tasks:
- Installing or upgrading Component Pack, making sure to include the setup for Tailored Experience features for communities
- Configuring the community creation wizard
Then use the following topics to help you understand and implement community templates for your users:
- Assigning administrators to template management roles
Assigning the function of community template administrator requires access to the system where the Connections applications are installed, and assigning that of template content owner requires the IBM WebSphere Application Server administrative console.
- Things to know before creating a community template
As a community template administrator, learn what results to expect when you use the HCL Connections Administration Console to create a template.
- Managing community templates
With the HCL Connections Administration Console, you can manage Connections features that rely on microservices provided by Component Pack for Connections, such as the community template catalog and templates that you can edit.
Parent topic:Administering Communities