Customize the Profiles application to define the core data model for people within your deployment and tailor the presentation of profile content to meet your organization’s requirements.
Use this section of the product documentation to deploy a unique Profiles model for your organizations HCL Connections users.
- Customizing the Profiles data model
The Profiles application provides the social directory structure leveraged by all other HCL Connections™ applications. You can use a combination of standard properties and extension properties to customize the data in Profiles to meet the unique needs of your deployment.
- Customizing the Profiles user interface
Specify which attributes should display in Profiles based on the needs of your organization.
- Specifying properties to expose in the search index
You can manually configure which properties are made available in the search index in order to meet specific search requirements.
- Customizing login attributes
By default, Profiles looks at the login table and various login attributes in the Profiles database. To improve performance, comment out login attributes that are not used in your environment.
- Creating a simple profile data model and template customization
This example demonstrates the required steps for customizing the profile data model and template files to complete a simple customization.
- Configuring Profiles directory search options Configure directory search options to specify the fields that can be used when performing a search.