HCL Connections Add-in for Microsoft® Outlook
The power of Connections from your Outlook inbox. Use the Connections Add-in for Microsoft® Outlook to work with Connections content from within your Outlook inbox.
You can perform the following actions within the Connections Add-in for Outlook plug-in:
- Upload Outlook emails and attachments to Connections Files, Activities or Wikis, or directly as a status post.
- When composing a message, search Connections Profiles for a name and insert it into one of the address fields.
- Find and share Connections files with recipients by attaching as a link in an email, ensuring everyone is using the same version.
- Upload files from your computer to Connections and share with recipients by attaching as a link in an email.
The Outlook Add-in is available as part of Connections Component Pack or as a standalone installation.
Adding the HCL Connections Add-in to Outlook
The HCL Connections Add-in for Microsoft-based add-in platform. The Connections Add-in does not have any code physically installed on the user’s Outlook client. For more information on the Outlook add-in framework, see Outlook add-ins overview
Note: The Connections Add-in is not available from the Microsoft Outlook Add-ins store. Your administrator will make the Connections Add-in available to you within Outlook, or provide instructions on how to load the add-in.
- HCL Connections Add-in for Microsoft Outlook System Requirements
System Requirements for HCL Connections Add-in for Microsoft Outlook.
- Installing via Component pack or Standard Install
The Outlook Add-in is available as part of Connections Component Pack or as a standalone installation
- Upgrading Component Pack Outlook Add-in with a Standalone docker image
If you have already deployed the Outlook Add-in via Component Pack, you can update that installation with a newer standalone docker image. This is useful for deploying fixes or if new release of the standalone docker image is available before the corresponding Component Pack release.
Parent topic:Installing integration plug-ins for HCL Connections