Using the HCL Connections desktop plug-ins for Microsoft Windows
Use this plug-in to upload and work with files in IBM® Connections from Microsoft™ Windows™ Explorer and Microsoft Office.
The following features are available from Microsoft Windows Explorer:
- Upload local files from Windows Explorer or from your desktop
- Share uploaded files with people, communities, or folders in HCL Connections™
- Work on files locally and publish them to Files, communities, Activities, or Wikis
- View people's contact details and get in touch with them (Not available on Connections Cloud.)
- Pin, follow, or like files and folders
- View or contribute comments for a file
- Lock a file when you are editing it to prevent file conflicts
- View and restore files from the trash
- Share folders with Communities
- Use sync capabilities to keep local copies of files synchronized with exact copies on the server.
- On Microsoft Windows 10, right-click your sync folder and choose Pin to Quick access to add this folder to your favorites for easy access.
- Use document management capabilities to upload, manage, organize, and collaborate on community files in libraries. To use this feature, FileNet Document Management capabilities must be deployed on the Connections server. (Not available on Connections Cloud.)
When you install a new version of the plug-in, new features might be enabled or unavailable on your server. To check for new features, right-click the server node in the HCL Connections section of the navigation pane and click Update site to enable new features. A progress indicator displays while the server is scanned for updates. You are notified when the updates are complete. You might have to restart for new features to take effect.
To do any of these tasks, you must be connected to a Connections or Connections Cloud site. For more information, see Connecting to an HCL Connections site.
- Managing HCL Connections files from Windows Explorer
Manage your Connections files from Windows Explorer.
- Uploading and sharing files
Add files to the Files application so that you can store them or share them with others.
- Editing properties for a file or folder
You can pin, follow, or recommend a file or folder from the properties panel.
- Publishing local drafts
Publish updates to your files from Explorer or from the Drafts monitor.
- Getting started with sync
Use file sync to keep local files in your My Drive folder in sync with copies of those files on the server.
- Working with libraries
Libraries support the FileNet Document Management capabilities to provide community members document management capabilities to upload, manage, organize, and collaborate on community files. A community can contain multiple libraries.
Parent topic:Integrating with other products