Moderating blog content
Monitor and control the content of blogs using the moderation tools.
Moderation allows you to review and manage content so that you can approve content before it gets published or you can review published content and remove content you find inappropriate.
Note: If the Moderation service is installed and enabled, then Blogs are moderated from a central interface, along with content from forums and community files. In that case, the Blogs moderation page is unavailable and notification is disabled. If the Moderation service is not enabled, you can moderate Blogs content from a page in the Blogs interface.
Who manages moderation?
As a Connections administrator, you control how moderation is managed. These are the types of users involved in moderation:
- All users can:
- Flag published content that is inappropriate
- Submit content for review.
- View their own submitted, rejected, or published content.
- Edit their own published content.
- Moderators can:
- Approve or reject submitted content or comments
- Provide an explanation to the author when rejecting content
- View and directly edit submitted content or comments
- Remove published content from the site.
- Send a message to the author about submitted content or comment
- Moderators and Content Reviewers can:
- Dismiss content or comments flagged by end users
- Provide an explanation to the author when quarantining content
- View and directly edit published content or comments
- Quarantine published content so it is no longer available to site users
- View how many users have flagged a piece of content
- View the names of users who have flagged a piece of content
- Sort by update date
- Enable or disable moderation for content before it is published and after it is published.
- Assign the global-moderator role to users so they can moderate content.
- Set up categories and route which moderators see what flagged content.
Moderating Blog comments
Configure content moderation to enforce it at the site level, or leave it as an option for blog owners.
- Moderated content states for blogs
When blog content is moderated, it can be in a variety of states before and after being published.
- Managing moderated blog entries and comments
Centrally manage blog entries and comments for a moderated blog before the content is published to a blog, or when the published content is updated.
- Managing flagged content for a blog
Review published blog content that has been flagged as inappropriate and take action on flagged entries and comments.
Parent topic:Administering Blogs