Performing a user installation
Users can install HCL Connections for Mac following these steps.
To install HCL Connections for Mac you will need OS X 10.8 or later.
Download the plugin for HCL Connections for Mac from the HCL License & Delivery Portal.
Extract the file.
Double-click HCLConnectionsMac.pkg to launch the installation program. The Install HCL Connections For Mac installer window appears.
Click Continue to begin the installation wizard. Follow the steps in the wizard to complete the installation.
When the installation is complete, click Close to exit the installation wizard. The sync app will automatically start at the end of the installation.
When you open HCL Connections for Mac for the first time, the sync app automatically prompts you to create a new account if one does not already exist. You can manually set up an account. Creating an account allows you to connect to an HCL Connections site and interact with that site from the Finder window or the HCL Connections icons in the Dock and menu bar.
- Open HCL Connections for Mac by clicking the icon in the Dock or locating and clicking it in the Applications folder of your Finder window.
- In the Site URL field type the URL you use to connect to HCL Connections. For example, https://connections.server.com or https://connections.server.com:port.
- Click Next to proceed . The Connect to Site details panel is shown.
- In the Display name field, type the name that you want to display for the sync folder in the Finder window. For example, the folder is named Display-name sync.
- If you are connecting to a Connections Multi-tenant site, your connection details should be pre-filled. You can review the settings and click Connect to complete the connection.
- If you are connecting to an on-premises Connection site, you will need to setup the following connection details:
- Select the appropriate authentication type from the dropdown list.
- Enter your credentials if required.
- Click Connect.
- Depending on your authentication type, you may be prompted to enter your credentials in the displayed browser window to finish creating the connection.
- Click Connect.
- Select Add sync folder to FAVORITES in Finder and click Create.
Parent topic:HCL Connections for Mac