Connecting to an HCL Connections or Connections Multi-tenant site
You must provide information about a Connections server before you can share files and information between Microsoft™ Windows™ and Connections.
After you connect to a Connections site, you can interact with that site from Microsoft Office and Windows Explorer. You will need to know the URL of the site and you may need login credentials.
- Start creating a connection by doing one of the following:
Open Microsoft Windows Explorer.
Right-click HCL Connections in the navigation pane.
Note: Windows 11 users can find the HCL Connections context menu under the Show More Options menu.
Select Connect to a site
- Find the HCL Connections icon in the task bar.
- Right-click on the HCL Connections in the task bar.
- Select Connect to a site
- Open a document in a Microsoft Office application.
- Click on HCL Connections tab.
- Click Connect to a site
- In the Site URL field, type the URL you use to connect to Connections. For example, https://connections.server.com or https://connections.server.com:port.
- In the Display name field, type the name that you want to display for this site in Microsoft Windows applications or use the suggested name.
- Click Next to proceed. The Connect to Site details panel is displayed.
- If you are connecting to a Connections Multi-tenant site, your connection details are pre-filled. You can review the settings and click Connect to complete the connection.
- If you are connecting to an on-premises Connection site, you will need to setup the following connection details:
- Select the appropriate authentication type from the dropdown list.
- Enter your credentials if required.
- Click Connect.
- Depending on your authentication type, you may be prompted to enter your credentials in the displayed browser window to finish creating the connection.
- After authenticating, you may be prompted to create a local sync folder. This allows you to keep local copies of selected files in sync with the copy on the Connections server.
Anytime after you connect to a site, you can check for feature updates to refresh your configuration. For example, if your server administrator turns on file sync for a server that you connect to, checking for feature updates will make the file sync feature available for you to use. To check for updates:
- Right-click the server name in the HCL Connections section of the Windows Explorer navigator.
- Choose Update site to enable new features. A notification message lets you know that the update is complete and that you might need to restart to see changes.