Seeing who's in a community and communicating with them
Find out who's in a community, follow that community, and email fellow members.
Restricted communities can include users that are external to your organization. External users' picture have the following icon superimposed on them .
Viewing community members
To view the members of a community, click Communities from the navigation bar and select the community that you'd like to check on. Then perform one of the following steps:
- In the community menu, click Members.
- To access a member's business card, hover over their name.
- To sort the membership list according to role, use Filter by.
- To sort the display order, use the Sort by options.
- To find someone, click the Find a Member field and enter a name.
Emailing a community
Email community members and owners to give them the news. You must be a member of the community to do this.
- From the navigation bar, click Communities and open the community whose members you want to email.
- Click Community Actions and select Mail Community from the list.
- Choose one of the following options:
- To send the notification by using your default email client, click Click to compose using your default email client.
- Use the email form provided to send the email.
Parent topic:Finding out what’s going on