Add a tag to your own profile or to another person’s profile to identify a specific skill set or area of expertise. Profile tags should identify a person’s job role, skills, or interests.
Before you begin
If your system administrator has enabled people tagging, you can tag yourself and others. You must be logged in to create or modify tags.
- Tags that you add to your own profile or to others' cannot be hidden or private. All tags are displayed in the profile tag collection and organizational tag collection.
- If multiple people assign the same tag to a profile, a number is displayed with the tag to identify the number of times the tag has been assigned. You can click the number to display a list of the people who assigned that tag to the profile.
- Tags that you assign to a profile are listed separately from those that were assigned by others.
Tagging your own profile
- From the navigation bar, click Profile.
- In the Tags field, enter the tag name as a single word.
- If a single tag name consists of multiple words, separate the words using an underscore (_) or a hyphen (-), instead of a space.
- To enter multiple tags in one go, separate them with a comma or space.
- Click the + icon to add the tags to your profile.
Tagging another person's profile
- Open the profile page of the person that you want to tag.
- In the Tags field, enter the tag name as a single word. Type-ahead predicts the tag as you type and supplies available tag names. Select an available tag or continue typing to create a new tag.
- Click the + icon to add the tag to the person's profile.
- Enter additional tags as needed.
You can remove tags that you or someone else added to your profile, and tags that you added to another person's profile.
- Open the person's profile. Or, if you intend to remove tags from on your profile, click Profile in the navigation bar.
- In the Tags area, click List.
- Click the Remove icon .
Parent topic:Sharing your expertise