Use content lists
The following section details information and steps on how to use content lists across your HCL Digital Experience site.
A content list is a dynamic list of content items based on search criteria. It allows the author to generate a dynamic list of content based on the Authoring Template, Location, Categories, and Keywords. Content lists are a WCM element type. You can drag and drop a content list to the canvas.
As of HCL Digital Experience 9.5 CF204, content lists are available in both the Elements panel and the Reusables panel.
You can control how items are displayed in the canvas using filtering and sorting:
- Sort - Changes the order of the content items displayed. You can sort by:
- Title (Default)
- Publish Date
- Creation Date
- Expiry Date
- General Date One
- General Date Two
- Last Modified Date, and
- Display order - Changes the content items by ascending or descending order. The default display order is ascending.
- Display limit - Limits the number of items displayed on a page. The default is 8.
- Start at - Sets the page number where the list starts on. The default is 1.
- Categories - A search criteria that can be used to find content items that have been profiled with categories.
- Keywords - A search criteria that can be used to find content items that have been profiled with keywords.
- Header and Footer - The checkboxes for header and footer is added but the functionality is not yet implemented.
Create a content list
This section shows you how to create content lists on your site and its pages in HCL Design Studio (Beta).
Follow the steps to create a content list from your site using HCL Digital Experience 9.5 Design Studio (Beta).
In the Sites overview, hover to the site you want to create a content list for until you can see the overflow menu button.
Click the overflow menu button, and choose Open page in editor.
- Click Open add elements panel.
- Under WCM, drag and drop Content List onto the page.
- In the content list properties, search for the name of the content template to use. You can select the desired content template from the list shown.
- After selecting a content template, search for the location to use. You can select the desired location from the list shown. The locations shown on the list depends on the content template you selected from the previous step.
- You can edit and use a custom name or keep the auto-generated name. Auto-generated names append numbers for names that already exist within a content list. The content list displays all the content items on the canvas as empty blocks.
HCL Digital Experience Solution Feedback
HCL Digital Experience is interested in your experience and feedback working with HCL Digital Experience 9.5 release software. To offer comments or issues on your findings, please access the HCL Digital Experience 9.5 Feedback Reporting application.