Navigating Design Studio (Beta)
Access HCL Design Studio (Beta)
The HCL Design Studio (Beta) can be accessed in three ways:
- The Practitioner Studio home page;
- The Practitioner Studio side navigation; and
- DX Site menu
Follow the steps below to access the HCL Digital Experience 9.5 Design Studio (Beta) from the Practitioner Studio:
Log in to your HCL Digital Experience 9.5 platform. Administrator access is required.
Access HCL Design Studio (Beta) via any of these options:
Option 1: From Practitioner Studio > Sites, click the Design Studio (Beta) tile, which is located below the Practitioner Studio applications:
Option 2: Click to open the Sites (Beta) > Practitioner Studio side navigation menu item:
Option 3: Click the Home icon on the top right as shown below to access HCL Design Studio (Beta) Sites application via the DX site menu:
Options 1 and 2 brings you to the Design Studio (Beta) Sites overview, where you can view and manage your site and its pages.
A demonstration site called Palace Hotel is available for use with Design Studio (Beta).
The HCL Design Studio (Beta) Sites interface
The HCL Design Studio (Beta) Sites interface has the following components:
- Apps side navigation panel - Displays quick links to all DX Applications, Help Center, and Support.
- Main header - This component contains the Create button for HCL Design Studio (Beta) site, page, and site template actions.
- Content collections columns - This shows the site and page collections inside the HCL Design Studio (Beta) library in a cascading menu system. When you select a collection, sub-collections are displayed off to the right side when applicable.
- Menu options - A pop-up that displays applicable user actions for a selected site or page
- Properties panel - A pop-up that displays site or page information, and applicable user actions.
Content authors can also access view, editing and delete options of the selected site, page, or site template in this column. See Create sites and pages with Design Studio (Beta) for more information.