Manage media assets
This section provides the steps on how to manage media assets and view configuration settings using HCL Digital Asset Management (DAM).
HCL DAM CF181 or higher should be installed and configured to the HCL Digital Experience 9.5 Container Release update, following these instructions in the Install the HCL Digital Experience 9.5 Container components topic.
View supported file formats
Follow these steps to view a list of file formats supported by HCL Digital Experience 9.5 DAM.
Log in to your HCL Digital Experience 9.5 platform and select Digital Assets from the Practitioner Studio navigator.
The HCL Digital Experience 9.5 DAM can also be accessed from the Practitioner Studio Digital Assets tile.
From the HCL Digital Experience 9.5 DAM user interface, select the gear icon (for Settings) located at the far top-right of the DAM menu bar.
Settings will display the Supported file formats section by default.
The following are supported media asset file formats in HCL Digital Experience 9.5 Container. From CF205 onwards, WebP file type extension is also supported.
You can set the maximum file size for the DAM asset uploads. For more information on configuring the file size, refer to the MediaTypeGroupController.updateById API documentation topic.
- You can set the maximum file size for the DAM asset uploads. For more information on configuring the file size, refer to the MediaTypeGroupController.updateById API documentation topic.
- Videos are automatically synchronized once they are uploaded. Auto-synchronization is a background activity in HCL Digital Asset Management that happens when any video is uploaded and when Kaltura integration is configured and enabled.
Play a video in DAM
Play uploaded videos in DAM using the DAM binary URL or the Kaltura Player (if the Kaltura plugin is configured and enabled):
Use the DAM binary URL when:
- The uploaded video synchronization status is SYNC FAILED.
The Kaltura plugin is not configured and enabled.
Use the Kaltura Player when:
- The video synchronization status is SYNCED, play the video based on the configured Player ID.
The Kaltura plugin is configured and enabled.
Videos being synced in progress displays a warning message and cannot be played yet.
For more information on the video synchronization statuses for uploaded videos, see Upload rich media assets.
Download a media asset source, version, or rendition
Use the HCL Digital Experience 9.5 DAM editor to download a media asset source, version, or rendition:
From the HCL Digital Experience 9.5 DAM user interface, hover over a media asset to access and click the Overflow menu on the far right (three vertical dots icon). Then, select Download.
A pop-up will appear for you to select your Download actions. You can rename downloaded media asset and choose to download Source or Renditions, or all asset types.
Click Download to proceed.
Deleting a media asset
Use the HCL Digital Experience 9.5 DAM editor to delete a media asset, including its renditions:
- From the HCL Digital Experience 9.5 DAM user interface, hover over a media asset to access and click the Overflow menu on the far right (three vertical dots icon). Then, select Delete.
A pop-up will appear for you to select your Delete action. If the selected media assets will not affect any references, click Check for references and delete to complete action.
HCL Digital Experience Solution Feedback
HCL Digital Experience is interested in your experience and feedback working with HCL Digital Experience 9.5 release software. To offer comments or issues on your findings, please access the HCL Digital Experience 9.5 Feedback Reporting application.