Import an Application Extension
You can add custom functionality and content to your application by importing an application extension into your project. For information on creating an application extension, see Create an iOS Application Extension.
To import an application extension:
- On the Project menu in Volt MX Iris), select Import. Volt MX Iris displays a dropdown list of items that can be imported.
- From the dropdown list, select App Extensions. Volt MX Iris displays a list of available extensions.
- Select the extension you want to import.
Volt MX Iris adds the extension to an app-extensions folder and creates:
- An Info.plist information property list file.
- A resources folder for any associated resources. To import a resource, right-click the resources folder and select Import Resources.
To configure the extension, right-click the extension and select Configure App Extension. To manage native function APIs, right-click the extension and select Manage Native Function API(s).
Note: Any changes made to the extension's code or resources after importing the extension into a project are local to that project.
To enable or disable an application extension, right-click the extension in the Project pane. If the extension is currently enabled, select Disable to disable it. If the extension is currently disabled, select Enable to enable it. Disabled applications extensions are not compiled or added to the application when you do a build.
To delete an application extension, right-click the extension in the Project pane and select Delete.