You are here: Appendix F: Support for iPhone X
Support for iPhone X
iPhone X comes with a super retina edge to edge display with 458 PPI. It comes with a device height of 812, width of 375 and a screen resolution of 2436×1125 (@3X). In iPhone X, Face ID replaces the Touch ID authentication.
Note: For information about how to detect whether an iPhone device supports either the Touch ID or Face ID feature, refer the getBiometryType API.
- You must have Xcode 9.0.1 to test the applications on iPhone X simulator.
To provide support for iPhone X on Volt MX Iris, do the following:
- Provide a 3X splash image: Current Apps which do not have a 3X splash image, will not be able to fill the complete screen, from edge to edge in iPhone X. Splash screen with name firstname.lastname@example.org with a resolution of 1125 By 2436 should be provided for iPhone X.
- Provide a 2×1 splash video: Current Apps which do not have a splash video of the resolution 2×1, will not fit-to-screen in iPhone X. Splash video with name splashvideo-2x1.mp4 should be provided for iPhone X. This ensures that the video will fit-to-screen and will not extend in the AVKit safe area. For details on AVKit Safe Area, refer to Human Interface Guidelines for iPhone X.
- Add NSFaceIDUsageDescription in the infoplist_configuration.json: You must add the NSFaceIDUsageDescription (Privacy - Face ID Usage Description) key in the configuration file for the Face ID to work. Navigation path:
projectname/resources/common/infoplist_configuration.json. If you do not perform the above step, the app will crash. See Apple's documentation for more information.
- When using Face ID on Xcode 9.0.1 simulator, authentication will fail every other time, and an error message Lost connection to coreauthd appears. This is a limitation from Apple. For more information, refer https://openradar.appspot.com/34769844 and https://github.com/lionheart/openradar-mirror/issues/18536
Related API Documentation
- Home Indicator Auto Hide: See prefersHomeIndicatorAutoHidden in setApplicationBehaviour function.
- Get Biometric Type