Import a Foundry app
Import a Foundry app
Important: The Import job is deprecated. HCL recommends using the
buildFoundryAppjob from the
Foundry/Buildsfolder to achieve similar functionality. You can opt out from the CLEAN_JAVA_ASSETS and BUILD_JAVA_ASSETS options while configuring the build job to achieve the same functionality as the Import job.
Import job is responsible for uploading a Volt MX Foundry app from SCM to Volt MX Cloud. In addition, import job can publish a Volt MX Foundry app right after its upload to Volt MX Cloud. Refer parameters to specify, if a user wants to publish a Volt MX Foundry app or execute a publish job (see below).
The following parameters appear when a user selects 'Build with Parameters' job action.
Related to Source Control
- SCM_BRANCH is required to access the repository and choose the stored Volt MX Foundry app.
- OVERWRITE_EXISTING _APP_VERSION - parameter required for overriding application if it’s already present in Volt MX Foundry.
- ENABLE_PUBLISH - Once Import job execution finishes, ENABLE_PUBLISH parameter is triggered to publish the job.
- SET_DEFAULT_VERSION - Click the checkbox to make the version specified at FOUNDRY_APP_VERSION field as a default version for your app.
VoltMX FOUNDRY RELATED
- FOUNDRY_CREDENTIALS - Volt MX Foundry credentials.
- CLOUD_ACCOUNT_ID - Volt MX account ID.
FOUNDRY_CONSOLE_URL - Publicly accessible url for user's Volt MX Foundry Console (without context path), relevant for on-premise installation only. For example http://10.10.24.78:8081.
FOUNDRY_IDENTITY_URL - Publicly accessible url for user's Volt MX Identity Services (without context path), relevant for on-premise installation only. For example http://10.10.24.79:8080.
FOUNDRY_APP_NAME - An application ID in Volt MX Foundry (in most of the cases it is same as application name).
- FOUNDRY_APP_VERSION is the version of Volt MX Foundry. The default version is 1.0.
Once all the parameters are set, trigger import with BUILD button. Importing process contains the following stages:
- Prepare the build node environment
- Import Volt MX Foundry application
- Clone Volt MX Foundry application from git
- Create zip file of Volt MX Foundry git project
- Notify on import status by email
On successful import, the designated user receives an email alert with success details.
On unsuccessful import, designated user receives an email alert with failure details.