Donwload software from Flexnet
The Container project is a build script leveraging HCL web-kits. Those web-kits cannot be re-distributed and all customers and partners have to download the software from HCL Flexnet.
As for many other download portals Flexnet can be challenging.
build.sh automatically determines the web-kits required and checks if the software is available at the configured location.
All web-kits are referenced in a
software.txt file. If software is missing the build script provides a download search link for Flexnet.
This link only works on customer accounts, because HCL partner accounts have limited search options.
The most convenient way to download from Flexnet is the following approach.
- Log into the HCL Flexnet software portal with your account
- Use the links provided by the build script to navigate to the right download
- Copy the download URL with a right click action in your browser – the link will not work when you login with this link directly.
- Change in your Linux bash prompt to the specified directory. In our example:
- Use the download URL in a curl command as shown below.
- Specify the exact file name via
- Add single quotes around the download URL, because it contains bash specific special chars
- The download URL will be valid for a couple of minutes only
- Running the
build.sh dominoonce the software is downloaded, will start the build process launching a NGINX software container to provide a build process web-kit download
- You can use the
-checkonlyoption to only check the software
- The build process verifies the SHA256 download hash. There is no need to verify it manually
- But there is also a
-verifyonlyoption available to verify the software download
Example download curl command
curl -L -o Domino_12.0.1_Linux_English.tar 'https://download.flexnetoperations.com/439214/1513/807/18572807/Domino_12.0.1_Linux_English.tar?ftpRequestID=2774729993&server=download.flexnetoperations.com&dtm=DTM20220313175049MjU0NzQ2NDUw&authparam=1647219050_c709a3e830fe6b67a7aa0dc57d7f59db&ext=.tar'
Direct download from remote server
In case you have all the install packages located on a central server, you can point build process directly to the download location.
DOWNLOAD_FROM=https://mylocalsoftware.com can be configured in build configuration.
Example build command to list missing software
./build.sh domino Checking software via [/local/github/domino-container/software/software.txt] 12.0.1 [NA] Domino_12.0.1_Linux_English.tar https://hclsoftware.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operationsportal/DownloadSearchPage.action?search=Domino_12.0.1_Linux_English.tar+&resultType=Files&sortBy=eff_date&listButton=Search 12.0.1IF2 [NA] 1201HF50-linux64.tar https://hclsoftware.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operationsportal/DownloadSearchPage.action?search=1201HF50-linux64.tar+&resultType=Files&sortBy=eff_date&listButton=Search Correct Software Download Error(s) before building image  Copy files to [/local/github/domino-container/software]