Moderated content states
When content is moderated, it can be in a variety of states before and after being published.
The state that content is in dictates where it is in the pre-moderation or post-moderation workflow and controls whether the content is available to users or unavailable because it has not been approved or is in quarantine.
Content states before publication
Content that requires review and approval before it is published can be in one of the following states:
- Pending: The moderator can approve or reject the content.
- Active: Content is published
- Rejected: Content will not be published.
Content states after publication
Content that has already been published but requires review, for example, if it was flagged as inappropriate, can be in one of the following states:
- Active with flags: The content is published but it may be flagged for review. The moderator can dismiss flags or quarantine the content.
- Active: The content is published.
- Quarantined : the content is quarantined and notification is sent to the author
Parent topic:Administering Moderation