We really like to hear from you!
Your opinion matters. Let us know all your:
Join the OpenNTF Discord channel.
The tutorials intends to familiarize Domino REST API administrators and Notes or Web developers with the Domino REST API.
Before starting the tutorial, make sure that Domino REST API is installed and running. For more information, see Installation and configuration.
In this tutorial, we will use the database
Demo.nsf. You can download it from Downloadable resources.
This tutorial includes multiple sections. You will see how to add a database to the Domino REST API configuration so that its content can be accessed by the Domino REST API. You will also perform basic actions like viewing the list of databases, checking the views and forms, creating a document, deleting a document and more. Each of these actions can be performed using the AdminUI or Postman/curl.
If you have working experience in HCL Notes and HCL Domino and wants to quickly get started with Domino REST API, you can directly go to Quickstart.
Additional tutorials are available here. For more information, see the descriptions below:
Notes and Domino Developers
Follow the Domino ToDo Database tutorial for Notes and Domino developers. It walks you through:
- Using the XPages ToDo Application.
- Viewing the ACL via Domino REST API Postman APIs.
- Configuring it for validated Domino REST API access.
- Using OData to access data in Microsoft Excel. All steps are done via the Domino REST API Admin GUI.
If you are new to Domino, see the New Domino Database tutorial for web developers. It walks you through:
- Creating a new Domino database.
- Adding forms for customers and contacts.
- Adding views.
- Configuring the database for validated REST API access.
- Updating the access for the database. Some steps are done via the Domino REST API Admin GUI, some via Postman.