Lab 03 - Schema exploration
Duration 30 min
What you will learn:
- What's a form mode
- What's a field group
- Formulas to control access
- Lab 02 completed
- Domino running
Before you start altering the schema, use Postman, as outlined in How to check to observe the API behavior before and after.
- In Admin UI edit the
defaultschema of ApprovalsCentral.nsf, and select the Equipment form.
defaultadd the following fields to a
field groupnamed stuff.
Add new modes: dql, (needs fields), raw (doesn't need fields).
Add a new mode
decisionwith 4 fields:
Name Type Access completedApprover names write-only newHistory string write-only Status string read-only CurrentApprover names read-only
Check the box "compute with form"
Don't forget to save your changes.
How to check
- Use Postman to retrieve document using default mode before and after your changes
- Try to use the "/raw" endpoint before and after creating the "raw" mode
- Try a dql query before and after the dql mode was created
- observe the difference before / after the addition of field groups
Things to explore
- Official Domino REST API documentation
- Discord discussion
- Change the formula for read/write access to exclude your default user, observe the API reaction in Postman.
- Try the "Test Formula" button in mode.
- Change the write access for default to
Status = "" | Status = "draft".
- Observe the difference when "compute with form" is checked.
- Modify a field Name, do you see the output changing?